- 1 Best shampoo for thinning hair
- 1.1 Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Shampoo
- 1.2 Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
- 1.3 Phytoworx Organic Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
- 1.4 Lipogaine Big 3 Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
- 1.5 Regenepure DR Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Hair loss can come in many forms. It may be a gradual thinning process, or perhaps be more instantly noticeable, with larges clumps coming out after having a shower or hair brushing. There are a number of different factors that can be involved in this, such as disease, age, genetics or even as a side effect of a new medication. It may also be that the hair follicles are simply clogged up by the scalps natural oils, or reversely, that the scalp does not have enough moisture.
To help combat hair loss, there are a number of treatments which are readily available to buy. These all have their own special formulas, and are often marketed at certain sections of society, be it men or women for example. A hair loss prevention shampoo that works for one group of people is likely to work for another though, despite how it is marketed. Below, are five of the best hair loss prevention shampoos:
Best shampoo for thinning hair
Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Shampoo
Some hair loss prevention shampoos contain a frightening amount of chemicals, but this is not the case with the Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention product. Marketed as an organic shampoo, it contains ingredients such as argan oil, vitamin B complex, biotin, niacin and DHT. Together, they from a shampoo that is designed to pamper the scalp and look after the hair follicles.
With its carefully thought out formula, Pura d’or Hair Loss Prevention Premium Organic Shampoo helps to reverse hair fall and encourage growth. The biotin works in strengthening the hair follicles, the niacin component increases the circulation of the scalp, and the DHT promotes the hair to grow. All in all, after using this product for a while, most people are pleased with the way that their hair looks noticeably better.
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
Unusually, the Ultrax Labs Hair Surge shampoo uses caffeine as one of its key ingredients. There was a certain amount of skepticism initially as to any role caffeine might play in hair loss prevention, but it has since been proven that it does have some rejuvenation qualities. This is because the compound used easily penetrates the roots of the hair, and helps to neutralize the enzymes which cause hair fall.
Other key ingredients in Hair Surge include Ketoconazole and Saw Palmetto. The first is an anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal molecule which often appears in anti-dandruff shampoos. It also helps to prevent hair loss. The second, Saw Palmetto, is an ingredient which blocks a chemical transition which leads to hair loss, specifically in men.
It is recommended that Ultrax Labs Hair Surge should be used 5 time a week. When applying, this hair loss prevention shampoo should be left on the hair and scalp for 5 minutes before rinsing off. Most people who use this product claim that they notice a difference in the way their hair looks and feels from between 2 to 4 weeks of use. Another great thing about Hair Surge, is that it smells like a regular shampoo.
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Ingredients and Features
- Caffeine Stimulation – Hair Surge includes a specially micro-blended caffeine extract. This has been shown to stimulate hair follicle growth, and combat the enzymes that lead to hair fall.
- Includes Ketoconazole – This has long been known as an anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal compound, but recently, its role in helping to counter thinning hair has been recognized.
- Includes Saw Palmetto – Several clinical trials indicate that Saw Palmetto can help block 5-alpha-reductase. This is an enzyme that converts testosterone into DHT, which is one of the major causes behind hair loss in not only men, but women as well.
- Continually evolving formula – Ultrax Labs are constantly improving upon their formulas, and the effectiveness in hair loss prevention which they provide. Hair Surge itself has undergone several revisions, which have come about from new research as well as feedback from customers.
Positives to Using Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Shampoo
- Suitable for both males and females, it has a successful formula which aids in battling thinning hair and the causes behind it.
- A specially designed container makes dispensing the shampoo quick and easy. It also means there is little wastage from accidentally dispensing too much of the product.
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge shampoo is natural smelling, and leaves hair feeling glossy afterward.
Negatives to Using Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Shampoo
- Patience in using it is required, as the results do not begin to show themselves for anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks.
- Hair Surge is not an ‘all in one’, so does not contain hair conditioning properties.
Phytoworx Organic Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo
As the name might suggest, this is an organic hair loss prevention shampoo. Utilizing ingredients such as Eucalyptus Oil, Tea Tree Leaves and Peppermint, Phytoworx Organic stimulates the scalp, helping to reduce hair fall. People who use this plant based hair loss prevention shampoo say that improvements are apparent from anywhere between a couple of days and a few weeks.
The effects of using Phytoworx Organic, are that it helps to keep the scalp moist. This then stops hair from falling out in clumps after a shower or brushing. It also assists in thickening the hair by encouraging new growth. There are no known side effects from using this product, and it smells like a regular shampoo. Some users have commented that it does not lather particularly well, and suggest mixing it with a normal shampoo or conditioner for that reason.
This shampoo is about as natural as it can get, being formulated fro plant stem cells, extracts and essential oils. A hair loss preventions shampoo that has all natural ingredients is a far more reassuring product to use than one filled with artificial chemicals, and Phytoworx know this. It is a leading anti-thinning shampoo, and has the following features and ingredients:
- Cutting Edge Technology – Using stem cell technology, this technology behind the development of this shampoo is at the cutting edge of science., helping to promote healthy hair growth and revitalizing the scalp.
- Includes Rare Ingredients : This product uses Malus Domestica as one of its main active ingredients. (Malus Domestica being a rare plant found in Switzerland). Phytoworx have taken the stem cells from this, and used it in their formula as a way to stimulate the hair follicles.
- Other Ingredients – Phytoworx Organic hair loss prevention shampoo includes a number of essential oils in its formula. Peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus are just some of the herbal additives which go towards improving the look and feel of hair after treatment.
- No Toxins – Organic by name, organic by nature, this shampoo does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). SLS is used in some regular shampoos, and has been shown to have carcinogenic properties and can also cause skin irritation with some people.
Positives to Using Phytoworx Organic
- In just a few days, it helps to reduce the rate in which hair is being lost. Hair also becomes stronger after a few days of using Phytoworx Organic, all thanks to to rare Malus Domestica ingredient.
- No additional conditioner is required. Even after the very first use, people notice that their hair feels as if it is heavier.
- It also acts to stop dandruff, as it ensures the scalp is kept oiled, moist and smooth.
- The organic nature of this hair loss prevention shampoo makes it ideal for anyone with sensitive skin.
Negatives to using Phytoworx Organic
- It is slightly more expensive than normal shampoos.
- Phytoworx Organic does not lather as well as other shampoos. This means that some people do have a tendency to overuse it, hence the previous suggestion of perhaps mixing it with a little regular shampoo or conditioner.
Lipogaine Big 3 Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Lipogaine Big 3 is a reasonably mild shampoo, and it is suggested that it is used 2 or 3 times a week. Like some other hair loss prevention shampoos, it contains Biotin and Ketoconazole which can encourage growth in the hair follicles.
Helping to eliminate dandruff, the shampoo smells a little like peppermint. Anyone with extremes of hair such as natural or oily might find this product suitable, as it brings a balance between them. With one bottle lasting most people a couple of months, Lipogaine Big 3 is a popular shampoo in the anti hair loss shampoo market.
Regenepure DR Anti Hair Loss Shampoo
Regenepure’s greatest attribute, is that it can bring balance for people who either have dry and itchy scalps, dandruff, or oily hair. Containing ketoconazole, and saw palmetto, it is another of a growing number of shampoos which include caffeine amongst their ingredients. Most people who use this say that it leaves their hair smelling nice and feeling smooth. There is varying feedback in its regards to the effectiveness of preventing hair from thinning though.